WORLD TERESIAN CONGRESS TERESA OF JESUS, WORLD HERITAGE HUMANITY
September, 21-27, 2015, Avila
45 Anniversary of Saint Teresa's Doctorate
Palacio de Congresos "Lienzo Norte" de Ávila
CITeS - University of the Mysticism, Avila
In parallel to the Congress it will be held The International Teresian Fair and the I International Festival of Mystical and Teresian Music with free participation for all attendees to the Congress.
Objectives: after the journey in various Teresian International Congresses dedicated to the study of each of the major of works of Saint Teresa during the years 2010-2014, this Congress aims to approach the figure of Teresa of Jesus from a broader and interdisciplinary perspective. Teresa de Jesus is a model in many areas of the culture and life in which her presence is very significant. This Congress aims to reveal all these facets and dimensions, with a view to explain the figure and the writings of Teresa as an authentic cultural heritage of humanity.
Scientific Committee: Tomás Álvarez, Maximiliano Herraíz, Secundino Castro, Rómulo Cuartas Londoño, Fco. Javier Sancho, Cristiana Dobner...
Languages: The Congress will feature simultaneous translation in four languages: Spanish, English, French, and Italian, and will be broadcasted entirely over the internet..
General dynamics and methodology of the Congress: As the central objective is to highlight the value of Teresa de Jesus as world heritage, the Congress will be held around three main axes:
The central theme of the Congress would be organized around three fundamental axes:
- master conferences (in morning hours)
- round tables and debates (at various times during the Congress)
- thematic contributions: ample space for conferences and communications on thematic areas (usually in the afternoon and in parallel symposia).
- history, language, literature, and interdisciplinary studies.
- thought, doctrine, and message.
- Teresa in dialogue: news, ecumenism, interreligious dialogue.